Monday, March 1, 2010

Moose Poop!

Yesterday during Primary, Becky and I were talking about our dinners. It turns out we were both having pot roast! Hers was already in the crock pot making her home smell delicious! I on the other hand had mine in the kitchen sink still defrosting because I forgot to take it out the night before.Becky was then telling me she was going home and making dinner rolls to go along with it. Mmm... sounds good to me! Her recipe is easy she says. She knows it because she makes it all the time so I write it down and think I will go home and make some homemade dinner for my family too!
I go home and get the pot roast cooking. I get out all the ingredients for the rolls. It doesn't take long, Becky is right! Soon t he dough is in a warm place rising (or so I thought!). After an hour I check the dough. What the??? It is still about the size it was when I put it in!!! So I wait about another 20 minutes. Still no change. What should I do? Start over? I waver, get the ingredients back out, but I really don't want to start over. So, I go ahead and make them up as if they had risen. I put 3 balls of dough in each muffin cup. They baked about 20 minutes and looked and smelled like they were done. I pulled them out of the oven and put them in a basket where some of them fell apart. Caitlyn looks in the basket and says "mom this looks like a basket of little turds!" Doug looks at it and says, " yeah, if you were in Canada this would look like a pile of moose poop!"

Thanks Family! And lets not forget the lesson learned, check the expiration date on your yeast!

No comments: